Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Remember when...

    My cousin is the most adorable little girl. I was sitting on the couch watching tv when she walked up and squeezed in the little spot to the right of me. there was much more space on the left side .. 4 well grown men could have sat there or she could have laid across comfortably ..., but she decided in her little mind to squeeze in next to me. now in my mind, i was thinking "aww you are so cute!.. but you must be squished cause there is really no space separating us." so i moved over a little bit.... but the next thing that happened surprised me and i didnt really know why. she moved over too. She sat right next to me and allowed no space in between us. then she looked up, innocently smiled and kept on watching tv. I couldnt figure out what made her do that until a memory slammed me in the head the next few seconds. I remebered how i did that exact same thing. Maybe i did that because it felt safe to know that someone could be right there to protect. when dad would watch tv i would sit right next to him. he would purposely move over to see what i would do, and as he predicted in his mind, i did the same thing.  as i smiled remebering this, i put my arm around her and gave her a hug leaving her with a questioning face, but she never verbally questioned that action.

No comments:

Post a Comment